January 7, 2018
What’s a common trait of most Hollywood celebrities? They have nice, bright smiles. And given that they are the trend setters of society, they create the standards that the general public aspires toward. With that said, your favorite entertainer has set the bar high for great looking teeth. But thankfully, a perfect smile is no longer such a daunting aspiration for the common person to attain, because of the advances in teeth whitening methods. Furthermore, there are a ton of over-the-counter products claiming to be able to deliver this coveted bright smile. But your dentist wants you to have the best information, so you don’t waste your time trying a bunch of products that can’t match their claims. Read on to learn about the best method for teeth whitening.
What are Over-the-Counter-Teeth-Whiteners?
Over-the-counter teeth whiteners are products that can be purchased at any store, offering the convenience of treating your teeth at home as frequently as you desire. Here are some of the different options:
- Whitening Pens – These are thin tubes filled with a bleaching gel. They allow you to apply a thin layer to your tooth and distribute it using a brush.
- Whitening Toothpaste – Another popular option is whitening toothpaste. This doesn’t require any added process. You just switch the type of toothpaste you normally would use but maintain the same protocols for frequency.
- Custom Whitening Trays – This process is used to target deeper stains. It’s the most effective of the at-home treatments because the trays come from your dentist and typically use a stronger bleaching agent than you will find in an over-the-counter product.
The Cream of the Crop of Whiteners
The above listed methods offer great convenience, but when it comes to effectiveness, in-office whitening stands in a class all by itself. It offers three key benefits that just can’t be matched with a treatment administered at home. They are:
- Expertise – When you’re at your dentist’s office having any procedure done, your chances of success are exponentially greater because you’re under the care of a trained professional.
- Safety – Having the procedure done in-office is also safer because your dentist has special equipment that protects your sensitive gums, and ensures that only your teeth will come in contact with the bleaching agents.
- Speed – Because your dentist uses powerful professional bleaching agents, you can expect faster results than you would get at home.
If you’re ready to get your Hollywood smile, contact your local dentist for professional teeth whitening and get ready to enjoy the euphoria that beautiful teeth bring to your life.
About the Author
Dr. Brenda Gong received a bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene and a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In addition, she completes over 100 hours annually of continuing education. A member of the American Dental Association, Dr. Gong practices at Accent Family Dentistry and can be reached for more information through her website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.