March 9, 2020
The federal tax filing deadline – April 15 – is fast approaching! While some people find this time of year to be a bit stressful, many others are already thinking about how they will utilize their federal tax return money. If you are missing teeth or feel unhappy with the appearance of your smile, consider investing in dental treatment this year! Keep reading to learn how a dentist can help convert your tax return into the beautiful smile of your dreams.
What Are Dental Implants
If you are missing one or more teeth, you should consider using your tax return to plug the gaps in your smile with dental implants. Implants are the only restorative treatment that replaces both the visible portion of the tooth and the tooth root structure.
How do implants work? An experienced dentist or oral surgeon inserts a small titanium post into the jawbone beneath the gums. Over the course of several months, the implant gradually fuses with the surrounding bone through a natural process called “osseointegration.” Once the implant has fully healed, it provides an extremely stable base for a new artificial tooth or other dental prosthetic.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are a very popular tooth replacement solution due to their many benefits, such as:
- Maximum Support – Dental implants provide outstanding support to replacement teeth and restore a person’s chewing power to nearly 100%.
- Preserve Healthy Teeth – Unlike other restorative treatments, dental implants do not rely on adjacent healthy teeth to stay in place.
- Natural Appearance – Implants are custom-designed to perfectly match a person’s natural smile.
- Long-Term Solution – With proper care, dental implants can last for decades!
What Are Porcelain Veneers
Do you have all your teeth but are unhappy with how they look? Then you may want to use that tax return to rejuvenate your smile with porcelain veneers.
Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-crafted shells that are bonded to the front of teeth to conceal minor dental flaws, such as chipped or cracked teeth, gapped teeth, stained teeth, or undersized teeth.
Veneer treatment can typically be completed in just two quick trips to the dentist and can last up to 15 years with proper care.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
The benefits of porcelain veneers include:
- Natural Appearance – Porcelain veneers have a translucent quality that is very similar to natural enamel, allowing them to blend in seamlessly with your smile.
- Immediate Results – After your porcelain veneers are bonded in place, you can immediately leave the dental office and continue on with the rest of your day.
- Brighter Smile – Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant, which means your new smile with stay brighter, longer!
Which Treatment Is Right for Me?
Tax returns typically only come once a year, so surely you will want to use the extra bit of money wisely. Not sure which dental treatment is right for you? Choosing among dental implants, porcelain veneers and other restorative or cosmetic treatments will depend in large part on your own unique smile needs and goals. Your best bet is to schedule an initial consultation with your dentist. He or she will be able to carefully examine your teeth and gums as well as ask and answer questions about how you would like to improve your oral health and boost your smile.
About the Author
Dr. Brenda Gong has been helping men and women improve their smiles for nearly 15 years. She leads the expert team at Accent Family Dentistry, where she offers a range of restorative and cosmetic procedures. Patients interested in achieving a more beautiful smile can visit the Accent Family Dentistry website or call Dr. Gong at 919-639-3911 to get started.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.